Friday, May 19, 2023

YOUR MEMORIES

Memories knocking on the door,

Heart wants to get flooded,

Mind is saying 'NO'.


They are sweet and sour,

Don't want to give them life,

Not when you are so far.


Made peace with them,

Don't wanna get rid of them,

But sometimes they come in a way,

That I want to run away from them.


I smile when they remind me of your love,

My heart clenches, what have you done?

Eyes filled with salty water,

That's how you left me,

Broken in chunks.


But I cherish all of them,

Don't wanna forget any of them,

Neither I love, nor do I hate you,

A chapter of my life,

                      That's how I preserve them.


             - Prerana Rathi

3 comments:

  1. aap ki poetry padh kar lagta hai aap kisi se bahut pyar karte the Jo aapse Dur Ho Gaya kya aisa hi hai

    ReplyDelete
  2. please reply Jarur karna

    ReplyDelete

क्या खोज रहा हूँ

दर्द-ए-दिल की दवा नहीं, जबाँ खोज रहा हूँ, सही गलत तू देख लेना, तालीम की राह खोज रहा हूँ|  शायर हू, शायरी नहीं आशिक़ी खोज रहा हूँ, बरसांते तो ...